Come Visit Ireland's Ancient East
Explore and experience many magical journeys through the Ancient East of Ireland. This offers all visitors (young and old) to discover sufficient historical local attractions in the east of Ireland.
Ireland’s Ancient East covers four distinctive themed pillars:
- Ancient Ireland – Include prehistoric attractions such as Castleruddery Stone Circle and The Piper's Stone in Hollywood
- Early Christian Ireland – Glendalough and Seefin Passage Tomb
- Medieval Ireland – Black Castle, St Mary’s Church in Downsill and Dwyer-McAllister Cottage in Derrynamuck
- Anglo Ireland – Russborough House, Wicklow Gaol, Powerscourt Estate House and Gardens
Click on the link below to download Ireland's Ancient East map.
Parkview Hotel is the ideal choice for accommodation while travelling around Wicklow. It offers a wide range of sightseeing destinations such as Wicklow Mountains National Park, Glendalough, Powerscourt Estate House and Gardens plus loads more.
County Wicklow is located in the east coast of Ireland, which is overlooking the spectacular River Vartry.
With over 5,000 years old of history, everyone can admire the rich Irish green landscape surrounded by flourishing meadows, the livelihood of the towns and the stunning stone monuments from the Ancient East of Ireland.
See the video below as each historical monument and locations have their own tales to tell.
At Parkview Hotel, we recommend some of the following local attractions within one hour travel from the hotel.
Wicklow Gaol is the best interactive historical jail museum at Kilmantin Hill, in Wicklow Town, located 20 minutes from Parkview Hotel.
Wicklow Gaol offers a wide range of tours such as day group tours, other special tours including Paranormal Tours and Night Tours at discounted prices.
Opening every day from 10:30 am to 4:30 pm. Ticket costs for adults €7.90, child €5.00, family €20.00, student/OAP €6.70.
Facilities include Jailers Rest Café & Restaurant and shopping.
For further information, contact the following details below.
Address: Kilmantin Hill, Wicklow Town, County Wicklow.
Phone: +353 (0) 404 61599
Powerscourt Estate House and Gardens
Powerscourt Estate House and Gardens are one of the most popular tourist attractions located in Enniskerry, County Wicklow, just 15 minutes away from the hotel.
Explore and walk through 47 acres of magnificent gardens featuring Ireland’s highest waterfall and a large house, which is voted as one of the top 10 houses/mansions worldwide by the Lonely Planet Guide.
Powerscourt Gardens Opening Times:
- 9:30 am to 5:30 pm daily
- Gardens closed at dusk in Winter.
- The gardens are open year-round and only closed December 25th and 26th.
Powerscourt Waterfall Opening Times:
- January, February, November, December 10:30 am to 4:00 pm
- March, April, September, October 10:30 am to 5:30 pm
- May, June, July, August 9:30 am to 7:00 pm
- Closed two weeks before Christmas
Ballroom & Garden Rooms Opening Hours:
- Sundays 9:30 am to 1:30 pm all year | Mondays 9:30 am to 1:30 pm, May to September
Gardens Entrance Prices (1st March – 31st October)
- Adults €9.50 | Student/OAP €8 | Child (U13) €5.00
- Child (U5) Free | Family €25.00 (2 adults & up to 3 children)
Waterfall Entrance Prices
- Adults €6 | Student/OAP €5.50
- Child (U13) €3.50 | Children (U2) Free
- Family €16.00 (2 adults & up to 3 children)
For further details, contact the following information below.
Address: Powerscourt Estate, Enniskerry, Co. Wicklow.
Phone: + 353 (0) 1 204 6000
Glendalough is the most fascinating and gorgeous monastic settlement to visit, situated just 30 minutes from our hotel.
Call the Glendalough Visitor Centre on +353 (0) 404 45325 to book a tour. The centre is unable to accept e-mail bookings.
Just 90 minutes south of Dublin Airport, it's extremely easy to get to the Wicklow Mountains. Explore the ancient monastic village of Glendalough, a community first established in the 6th Century AD and visit Powerscourt Estate House and Gardens. Powerscourt Estate House and Gardens are one of the most popular tourist attractions located in Enniskerry, County Wicklow, just 15 minutes away from the hotel. This tour consists of Forest tracks and paths.
Wicklow Mountains National Park
The Wicklow Mountains National Park consist of 50,600 acres of the landscape is considered one of Ireland’s most spectacular national park, located only 30 minutes from us.
To visit the park, public and private transport are easily accessible. No entrance fee required.
Click below to download the map.
For more information, contact the details below.
Address: Wicklow Mountains National Park, Kilafin, Laragh, Bray, County Wicklow.
Phone: +353 (0) 0761 002667